- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
- CCS Annual Sing-in Scheduled, June 18 At Trinity Church
- Summer Jam Concert Series Opener To Coincide With Last Day Of School
- US Chess Champion Coming To Newtown
- Special Olympics Torch Run, Friday
- New One-Act Plays About The Over-55 Set, June 8-10 At Edmond Town Hall
The Horticulture Club of Newtown will hold its first meeting of 2018 on Thursday, March 8, at 7 pm, at Newtown Meeting House, 31 Main Street.
The program will feature a video on hummingbirds.
A $5 donation is requested from nonmembers; club members are welcome free of charge. Members who bring a favorite planting pot with them will receive a packet of organic seeds to plant in the spring.
Organized in 1954, the objectives of The Horticulture Club of Newtown are to promote interest in horticulture; encourage and assist projects involving horticulture; further the conservation of natural resources, especially soil and water; and increase the knowledge of the artistic use of plant material, both indoors and out.
New members are welcome. Those looking to join the club or be a guest speaker are invited to contact Club Co-Presidents Kate Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org or Tammara McMahon-Schrieffer (email@example.com).
For more information about the Horticulture Club of Newtown, visit newtownhorticultureclub.blogspot.com.