- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- Fatal Crash On I-84 In Middlebury Snarls Traffic For Hours
- Theater Review—The Show Must Go One, And Town Players Are Offering Spectacular ‘Underpants’
- The Dog’s Return
- Notable Economic Growth Initiatives To Be Recognized At CERC Event
- BAHA’I FAITH OF NEWTOWN
Foot Guard Band Bringing Swing, Polka Music To Masonicare
The Second Company Governor’s Foot Guard Band, the musical arm of one of the oldest continually active military units in the United States, will return to Newtown to perform the final concert of the 2009 Summer Sounds Concerts Series at Masonicare of Newtown.
It was chartered in 1775 and its first Commandant was Revolutionary War General Benedict Arnold. The present Commandant of the Second Company is Major Peter D. Laffin. The current bandmaster is CW4 Lisa Pettinicci. Thirty musicians make up the band, which will return to Newtown for another concert of swing tunes and polka music on Wednesday, August 5.
Residents are invited to bring lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy the performance by one of the area’s most popular bands. The performance will begin at 7 pm.
The series will open this year with Berkshire Big Band, performing music from the 1930s-50s on Wednesday, June 10.
Light refreshments are usually available for purchase.
In the event of rain, or if it appears rain is imminent, the concert may be moved indoors or cancelled. Call 426-5847 for weather cancellation information or additional concert info.