- NHS Marching Band & Guard Mattress Sale Will Help You Sleep Tight
- Classic Film Noir Next In Someday Cinema Series
- Workshops For New Senior Center Mural To Begin May 29
- Town & Country Plant & Shrub Sale Rescheduled
- Pasta Dinner At NUMC, June 2
- Hundreds Attend Family Friendly ‘Harmonize’ Concert, A Fundraiser For Sandy Hook Promise
- Celebrate Kindness With Ben’s Bells Project
“Be prepared” is a good thing for people of all ages to remember, especially senior citizens, say members of Friends Of Newtown Seniors (FONS).
So with that in mind, FONS — in cooperation with Newtown Commission on Aging and through a grant — is offering the final series of self-defense classes for resident senior citizens. There is no charge to participate.
FONS Chair John Boccuzzi says that those new to the program as well as those who have taken part in other self defense classes are welcome. Students must be at least age 60 for the classes, which will again be taught by Ari Friedman.
Mr Friedman has 20-plus years of martial arts and self-defense experience as well as more than a decade in the heath and wellness field. He specializes in senior health, functional movement, and medically monitored fitness.
Sessions will be Tuesdays and Thursdays, September 5-21, and each will begin at 1:30 pm. This series will be presented at Sunshine Fitness, located within Highland Plaza at 123 South Main Street.
Those attending are asked to commit to all six sessions. Registration and additional information is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.