- NHS Girls’ Hockey Players Get Taste Of Victory
- New Booth Library Director Start Delayed
- Managers Seek Funds For Edmond Town Hall Theatre Upgrades
- Fresh Hands To Tend The Victory Garden, As Founder Steps Down
- Lisa Unleashed: The History Behind The Glen Of Imaal Terrier
- Could Distracted Driving Contribute To Half Of Newtown’s Traffic Collisions?
- NHS’s Elle Sauli Named Miss Connecticut Teen USA 2018
HARTFORD — Governor Dannel P. Malloy announced December 13 that he is directing U.S. and State of Connecticut flags to be lowered to half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Thursday, December 14, in remembrance of the 20 children and six adults who were killed five years ago in the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
Accordingly, since no flag should fly higher than the US flag, all other flags — including state, municipal, corporate, or otherwise — should also be lowered during this same duration of time.