- Lisa Unleashed: National Purebred Dog Day Photo Contest
- Health Officials: Toss Romaine Lettuce Over E Eoli Fears
- Daniela’s Little Wish: ‘Baking Smiles For Kids Since 2011’
- Selectmen Discuss Curbing, Gallery Liquor Sales At Latest Meeting
- Committee Plants A Tree As ‘Give Back’ Before Earth Day
- Newtown Chamber Releases Small Business Week Events Roster
- Fundraiser Supports Couple After House Fire On Great Quarter Road
HARTFORD — Governor Dannel P. Malloy announced December 13 that he is directing U.S. and State of Connecticut flags to be lowered to half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Thursday, December 14, in remembrance of the 20 children and six adults who were killed five years ago in the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
Accordingly, since no flag should fly higher than the US flag, all other flags — including state, municipal, corporate, or otherwise — should also be lowered during this same duration of time.