On November 27, members of The Newtown Lions Club Foundation, Inc presented the Salvation Army Newtown-Bethel chapter a check for $1,200, launching the local 2017 Red Kettle Campaign. Bell ringers will be stationed at a number of Newtown and Bethel locations for two weekends this month, conducting the public campaign to raise funds to help local residents....Read Full Article
- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
Newtown Lions Club is in the final days of selling tickets for this year’s Mustang raffle.
This year’s car is red, with a red and black interior and a black top. It has a 289 V8 engine, automatic transmission, power steering, disc brakes, sport wheels, and a power top.
Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at Amaral Motors, 40 South Main Street (Route 35); Dodgingtown Garage, 61 Dodgingtown Road (Route 302); and online newtownlions.org.
Final tickets will also be sold Saturday, October 21, during The Great Pumpkin Races, behind Edmond Town Hall, 45 Main Street, from 9 am until 1 pm, or while tickets last.
The drawing for the winning ticket will take place at 1 o’clock that afternoon, rain or shine (or even snow, which has happened!) in front of the town hall. All proceeds will benefit local, state, and national charities.