Independent ballroom dance instructors Kristen Prall and Alexey Gavrilov will present a ballroom dance event at Edmond Town Hall on Saturday, August 12. Guests are encouraged to dress to impress so that they can join a post-performance dance party. ...Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing)
- July 28-August 2, 2017: "Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie"
- July 21-27, 2017: "Smurfs: The Lost Village," "The Mummy" and Kidsave Special Event
- July 14-20, 2017: "Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2"
- July 7-13, 2017: "Megan Leavy"
- June 30-July 6, 2017: 'The Fate of The Furious' and 'Get Out'
- June 23-29, 2017: 'The Boss Baby,' 'Logan' and 'The Princess Bride'
Friday, February 3-Thursday*, February 9
FLORENCE FOSTER JENKINS
Screenings Friday and Saturday, 7 & 9:15 pm; Monday through
Thursday, 7 pm;
*Due to the weather, the final screening of Florence Foster Jenkins has been cancelled.
matinees Saturday and Sunday, 1 & 4 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
Rated PG-13 * running time 1:56
All tickets $3
Starring Meryl Streep, Hugh Grant, Simon Helberg & Rebecca Ferguson
In 1944 a New York City heiress (Streep) with dreams of becoming an opera singer made her debut at Carnegie Hall, an event noteworthy for the fact that the lady in question — Florence Foster Jenkins — was probably one of the world’s worst singers. Encouraged by her husband (Grant), who loved her and fed her illusions, the film is a poignant, funny and ultimately sad tale of self-deception on a grand scale. Meryl Streep has been nominated for an Academy Award, for Best Actress in A Lead Role, for her work in this film based on a true story. The film’s costume designer, Consolate Boyle, has also been nominated for an Oscar, for Best Achievement in Costume Design.