Eversource has announced it will be extending its aerial patrols on the Connecticut transmission lines due to this week’s weather....Read Full Article
- Runners Hit Their Stride In Rooster Run Events
- 10th Annual Earth Day Festival Flourishes Despite Rain
- Reed Intermediate School Students Rehearse For ‘Bye Bye Birdie’
- School Start Time Committee Continuing Its Efforts
- Poets At Heart Risk A Verse At Meeting House
- Growing Gardens, No Yard Required
- NHS Names The Top Students Of The 2017 Graduating Class
Eversource will be working on transmission lines in Monroe and Newtown over the course of the next three weeks. This is only maintenance work on the lines and does not include tree trimming. The work will take place in the area of the Stevenson Dam, including Jordan Hill Road and Bradley Lane. Crews will be utilizing ATVs and/or pickup trucks to access the transmission line structures through the right of way.
Separately, on March 23 through March 24, and March 27 through March 31, Eversource will be conducting aerial patrols of vegetation on or near transmission lines throughout the state. Both a blue and gray and a blue and white helicopter will be used. The aerial patrols will be occurring between 7 am and 5pm, weather permitting.