The National Weather Service says the next nor'easter will arrive within 24 hours. Meanwhile, Eversource is reportedly down to one customer without power this morning....Read Full Article
- Stephen Petrovich In North American Premiere Of 'Love Never Dies' Coming To Hartford
- Nighthawks Challenge: From Sculpture Building To Pie Throwing Contest
- Fans Have A Lot To Cheer (And Bark) For At Sound Tigers Hockey Game
- Latest Financials Prove Newtown Deserves AAA Rating
- Relocation Drill At NMS Set For April 11
- Medley Relay Team Sets School Record As Hawks Make Splash In State Meet
- Local Young Adults Lead Efforts To Show Solidarity With Parkland And Call For Gun Violence Prevention
Eversource will be working on transmission lines in Monroe and Newtown over the course of the next three weeks. This is only maintenance work on the lines and does not include tree trimming. The work will take place in the area of the Stevenson Dam, including Jordan Hill Road and Bradley Lane. Crews will be utilizing ATVs and/or pickup trucks to access the transmission line structures through the right of way.
Separately, on March 23 through March 24, and March 27 through March 31, Eversource will be conducting aerial patrols of vegetation on or near transmission lines throughout the state. Both a blue and gray and a blue and white helicopter will be used. The aerial patrols will be occurring between 7 am and 5pm, weather permitting.