Eversource has announced it will be extending its aerial patrols on the Connecticut transmission lines due to this week’s weather....Read Full Article
- Newtown High Brings Electric Car To Lime Rock
- Lisa Unleashed: Newtown Kennel Club Celebrates its 70th Anniversary
- Sunny Day Brightens Farmers Market
- Getting A Taste Of Food Truck Festival Fun At Fairfield Hills
- Candlewood Boating Traffic Disrupted During Annual Fireworks Display In Danbury
- Board of Education Learns NHS Auditorium ‘Still On Schedule For August 22’
- C.H. Booth Library Director Leaving, Plans Made For Search Committee
Eversource will be working on transmission lines in Monroe and Newtown over the course of the next three weeks. This is only maintenance work on the lines and does not include tree trimming. The work will take place in the area of the Stevenson Dam, including Jordan Hill Road and Bradley Lane. Crews will be utilizing ATVs and/or pickup trucks to access the transmission line structures through the right of way.
Separately, on March 23 through March 24, and March 27 through March 31, Eversource will be conducting aerial patrols of vegetation on or near transmission lines throughout the state. Both a blue and gray and a blue and white helicopter will be used. The aerial patrols will be occurring between 7 am and 5pm, weather permitting.