- Elections Complaint Filed After Reported Calls About GOP Candidate
- Faith At Newtown Celebrates Its Tenth Anniversary
- Senator Chris Murphy’s Big ‘Walk’ Rambles Through Newtown
- Campers Get Cooking With Culinary Arts Program
- Housatonic Valley Waldorf School Campers’ End Of Summer Celebration
- Esty Honors ‘ The Newtown Bee’ With Certificate Of Congressional Recognition
- Gov Malloy Announces Revised Executive Order Resource Allocation Plan
Eversource will be working on transmission lines in Monroe and Newtown over the course of the next three weeks. This is only maintenance work on the lines and does not include tree trimming. The work will take place in the area of the Stevenson Dam, including Jordan Hill Road and Bradley Lane. Crews will be utilizing ATVs and/or pickup trucks to access the transmission line structures through the right of way.
Separately, on March 23 through March 24, and March 27 through March 31, Eversource will be conducting aerial patrols of vegetation on or near transmission lines throughout the state. Both a blue and gray and a blue and white helicopter will be used. The aerial patrols will be occurring between 7 am and 5pm, weather permitting.