- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- Malloy Working On Plan For $365 Million Shortfall
- Book Signing By Newtown Author/Illustrator Jennifer Thermes
- Youth Field Hockey Team Caps Season With Win
- One Killed, One Injured In I-84 Crash
- Several Area Activities Will Mark World AIDS Day
Enjoy A Festival Of Trees
The 5th annual Festival of Trees & Traditions, and preview party to benefit Ann’s Place, a cancer support services agency serving greater Danbury, will bring early holiday cheer to the area.
A preview party and tree auction of decorative holiday trees is being planned for Friday, November 16, from 6:30 to 10 pm, at 38 Starr Ridge Road in Brewster, N.Y. The evening will include festive holiday music, cocktails, and hors d’oeurves. The trees will be bid at a silent auction.
The festival itself will be Saturday and Sunday, November 17â€“18, from 10 am to 5 pm each day, when guests are invited to shop a wonderland of decorated trees, wreaths, quilts, and bring home fresh, dried, original Thanksgiving centerpieces. The festival also offers a boutique, handcrafted gift items, holiday decorations, handmade quilts, a Teddy Bear Tea, and a favorite event: Digging for Diamonds. For a fee guests can take a turn to dig for three real diamonds hidden among hundreds of imitation stones. These events and more will benefit the center.
Visit AnnsPlace.org for event details, and see next week’s Newtown Bee for additional information.