- Papa Al’s A Family Business Is A Family Favorite
- Business Buzz: Labels Plus Tags Opens In Sandy Hook
- We didn’t have any luck — or we should say our readers didn’t have any luck — with last week’s challenge, so we are offering it again this week, with a hint: If you are having a hard time reading the writing over the front door of this part
- Tag-A-Gift To Brighten Christmas For Newtown’s Children
- Animal Center Dogs Need Homes
- Adopt From Kitten Associates
- As Black Friday Shades Thursday
Eduardo Santiere At Haim Chanin
EDUARDO SANTIERE AT HAIM CHANIN
AV/CD SET 2/18 #729175
Â NEW YORK CITY – Haim Chanin Fine Arts presents “Draw In,” the first solo exhibition in New York of Argentine artist Eduardo Santiere, on view to April 26. The opening reception will take place on Friday, February 22, from 6 to 8 pm, with the artist in attendance. The exhibition features approximately 20 works on paper with pencil, color pencil and surface scratches.
Santiere’s works are characterized by ever-evolving combinations of weightless lines and points of color that are permeated with lyrical motion and joy. At once futuristic visions of cities and urban networks, whimsical organic shapes floating in empty space, starry nights of colors and lines, these abstract “scapes” give the impression of gazing “through the looking-glass” into distant worlds where time and human beings seem to have disappeared.
Born in Buenos Aires, Santiere has had numerous solo and group exhibitions in Latin America and in the United States, including most recently “Levity: Selections Spring 2007″ at the Drawing Center, New York, and “Blown Away” at the Krannert (Ill.) Art Museum. His work is represented in major public and private collections internationally.
Haim Chanin Fine Arts is at 121 West 19 Street, between Sixth and Seventh Avenues.
For information, 646-230-7200 or www.haimchanin.com.