Having outgrown it previous rehearsal space, Connecticut Choral Society is now calling Trinity Episcopal Church its new home. The first concerts at Trinity will be offered in December, when CCS continues its Candlelight and Carols Concert Series....Read Full Article
- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
The Connecticut Choral Society invites the public to join them in welcoming the hectic holiday season with a song.
“The Gift of Christmas,” a beautiful and inspiring concert program designed to help listeners relax from the holiday hustle, will begin a three-performance weekend on Friday, December 8, at Trinity Episcopal Church in Newtown.
“‘The Gift of Christmas’ is presented as if you are listening to your favorite holiday play list,” said Eric Dale Knapp, artistic director and conductor for CCS. “It is filled with ancient and modern sounds that range from classic to contemporary.”
“Our concerts are a wonderful way to get into the holiday spirit,” said Jill Heidel, Connecticut Choral Society board of trustees president. “We encourage the audience to share in the fun by singing along to some classic holiday favorites.”
The concert features the 53-voices of Connecticut Choral Society, along with guests Erika Bourque, mezzo-soprano; Manuel Alvarez, baritone; and pianist Linda Sweetman-Waters, all under the direction of Maestro Knapp.
Concerts will be at Trinity Episcopal Church, 36 Main Street, on Friday, December 8, at 8 pm; and Saturday, December 9, at 3 pm, also at Trinity; and then Sunday, December 10, at 3 pm, at North Congregational Church, 11 Main Street North in Woodbury.
Advance tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for youth/seniors and may be purchased online at ctchoralsociety.org or at Villarina in Southbury and Newtown and Woodbury Drug in Woodbury. At the doors, tickets will be an additional $5 each.
For additional information, visit ctchoralsociety.org or call 888-927-2933.
TRINITY EPISCOPAL CHURCH, NEWTOWN
NORTH CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, WOODBURY