Approximately 50 people of all ages gathered at Congregation Adath Israel on December 19, the eighth night of Hanukkah, for a community menorah lighting. ...Read Full Article
- Newtown Choral Society Spring Concert: ‘The British Invasion, Cont’d,’ May 6 At Meeting House
- Committee Plants A Tree As ‘Give Back’ Before Earth Day
- CCS Concerts To Honor Veterans, Armistice Anniversary
- Still Life In Oil, At Next SCAN Program
- Applications Now Being Accepted For Ben’s Lighthouse Youth Service Trip
- Newtown Public Schools Announce Spring Concerts And Events
- Concert Preview: Seasoned Songwriters Bonoff & Taylor Teaming For Playhouse Gig
Congregation Adath Israel of Newtown and Hadassah of Greater Newtown/Danbury are co-sponsoring a large menorah lighting on Tuesday, December 19, at 6 pm, to mark the eighth night of Hanukkah. The lighting will take place outdoors in front of Adath Israel, which is at 115 Huntingtown Road.
The sponsors invite residents of Newtown and neighboring towns to join the communitywide event and gather together to sing the traditional Hanukkah blessings and holiday songs and share chocolate gelt. Afterward, everyone is invited to come into the synagogue social hall for latkes (potato pancakes), jelly donuts and hot cider.
For additional information, contact the synagogue at 203-426-5188.