Approximately 50 people of all ages gathered at Congregation Adath Israel on December 19, the eighth night of Hanukkah, for a community menorah lighting. ...Read Full Article
- Recently Formed Club To Host Its First Square Dance Party
- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
- CCS Annual Sing-in Scheduled, June 18 At Trinity Church
- Summer Jam Concert Series Opener To Coincide With Last Day Of School
- US Chess Champion Coming To Newtown
- Special Olympics Torch Run, Friday
Congregation Adath Israel of Newtown and Hadassah of Greater Newtown/Danbury are co-sponsoring a large menorah lighting on Tuesday, December 19, at 6 pm, to mark the eighth night of Hanukkah. The lighting will take place outdoors in front of Adath Israel, which is at 115 Huntingtown Road.
The sponsors invite residents of Newtown and neighboring towns to join the communitywide event and gather together to sing the traditional Hanukkah blessings and holiday songs and share chocolate gelt. Afterward, everyone is invited to come into the synagogue social hall for latkes (potato pancakes), jelly donuts and hot cider.
For additional information, contact the synagogue at 203-426-5188.