Approximately 50 people of all ages gathered at Congregation Adath Israel on December 19, the eighth night of Hanukkah, for a community menorah lighting. ...Read Full Article
- Town Players Reveal 2018 Season, Update Website
- Woman’s Club To Host Local Author Verna For Next Afternoon Tea Event
- Multimedia Artist, Group President To Present Next SCAN Program
- Garden Planning For Frosty Months, Tuesday With Garden Club
- Connecticut Choral Society Spring Auditions Scheduled
- Late Addition To NFA Calendar: Family Fun Hike, Saturday
- Hometown Foundation Benefit Planned To Honor Memory Of Fallen SEAL, Brookfield Native
Congregation Adath Israel of Newtown and Hadassah of Greater Newtown/Danbury are co-sponsoring a large menorah lighting on Tuesday, December 19, at 6 pm, to mark the eighth night of Hanukkah. The lighting will take place outdoors in front of Adath Israel, which is at 115 Huntingtown Road.
The sponsors invite residents of Newtown and neighboring towns to join the communitywide event and gather together to sing the traditional Hanukkah blessings and holiday songs and share chocolate gelt. Afterward, everyone is invited to come into the synagogue social hall for latkes (potato pancakes), jelly donuts and hot cider.
For additional information, contact the synagogue at 203-426-5188.