- Theater Review: Excellent ‘Sweeney Todd’ At TBTA
- Theater Review: ‘Desert Cities’ Resonates In Sherman
- Vanessa Trien Keeps Children On Their Feet
- ‘The Dogs Of Camelot’ Brings Readers Into The World Of The Kennedy Canines
- Newtown Continuing Education’s SMART Camp Begins
- ‘My Magic Breath’ Teaches Children The Power Of Mindfulness
- Historic Renovations In Sandy Hook Center
Mariam Azeez, a youth and member of the Al Hedaya Islamic Center, has written a book with Terry Murphy and Deborah Clarke about the power of kindness and compassion called Soulful Sydney Explores Diversity.
The public is welcome to take part in the book’s launch, Sunday, July 15, at 1 pm, at the Edmond Town Hall, 45 Main Street. The event is designed to celebrate the interconnectedness and beauty of God’s diversity in the community.
There will be activities for children and families, music, and Mariam requests that people bring cookies so that everyone may “break bread” together.
Look for an interview with the authors in next week’s edition of The Newtown Bee. For more information about Soulful Sydney Explores Diversity, visit soulfulsydney.com.