Town police, state environmental conservation police, and Sandy Hook volunteer firefighters joined forces on the night of Saturday, April 7, to find and bring to safety a middle-aged man who had become lost in the dense woods of the 1,200-acre Lower Paugussett State Forest....Read Full Article
- Reminder: Newtown Schools Are Closing Early Today
- History Brought To Life By Middle Gate Fourth Graders
- Newtown Public Schools To Dismiss Early Monday
- Activities And Cheer At Hawley Field Day
- BOE Honors Retirees, Top Students, CABE Awardees
- Newtown High School Awards Nights
- NHS Junior/Senior Project Students Complete Assignments
Members of the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps visited Misty Morning Children’s Center for Safety Week on Tuesday, October 10.
After volunteer ambulance member Dan Cragin read the book Ambulance Rescue to the class and taught them about the work they do, the children went outside to explore the emergency vehicle and see demonstrations on how the equipment is used.
Throughout this year’s Safety Week the children also met community helpers like bus drivers, firefighters, and police officers.