Robert S. Grossman, MD, who served as president of Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Association, Inc, for nearly a decade, recently stepped down from that leadership role. Malcolm McLachlan, who formerly headed the group, has stepped back into the role of NVAA president....Read Full Article
- Smooches, Slime, And Celebration At SHS
- Newtown High School Prepares For Its Fall Drama
- Scott Driscoll Shares Internet Safety Presentations
- Vote For NMS Scarecrows This Saturday And Sunday
- Superintendent Search Subject Of Latest Community Forum
- NHS Band & Guard Continues Streak Of Wins, Tag Sale This Saturday
- BOE Hears Proposals For Transportation Issues
Members of the Newtown Volunteer Ambulance Corps visited Misty Morning Children’s Center for Safety Week on Tuesday, October 10.
After volunteer ambulance member Dan Cragin read the book Ambulance Rescue to the class and taught them about the work they do, the children went outside to explore the emergency vehicle and see demonstrations on how the equipment is used.
Throughout this year’s Safety Week the children also met community helpers like bus drivers, firefighters, and police officers.