- Reminder: Newtown Schools Are Closing Early Today
- Newtown Man Sentenced For Sex Crimes Against Children
- A Father’s Day Story: Their Love Of Hair Cutting Will Never ‘Fade’
- ADA Advocate Files DOJ Complaint
- Multistate Outbreak of Salmonella Linked To Kellogg’s Honey Smacks
- Making A Bear Sighting Bearable
- P&Z Endorses Medical Marijuana Dispensary For Commerce Road
The school district has scheduled an interactive community forum for Wednesday, October 18, at 7 pm, in the lecture hall at Newtown High School, 12 Berkshire Road, for members of the public to weigh in on the superintendent search.
The hour-long event is being held to gather insight on what qualities residents would like to see in a superintendent. Parents, district staff, and community members are being asked to share their thoughts at the forum.
The district has also posted an online survey, surveymonkey.com/r/2017supersearch, “intended to clarify the community’s priorities in filling this position and is for Newtown residents, students, and Newtown Public School employees,” the release reads. The survey is expected to take ten minutes to complete and it is open until October 31.
Questions about the event can be directed to Board of Education member Rebekah Harriman-Stites by phone at 203-482-1458.