- Absentee Ballots Available For Republican Primary
- FONS Offering One More Self-Defense Course
- Free Irish Dance Class
- Athletes Prove They’ve Still Got Game ... Well Into Their 70s
- Preseason Training Gets Nighthawk Girls Ready To Take On Opponents And Fend Off Injuries
- Police Reminder: Alarm Rules Require Annual Reregistration
- Just The VAX — Parents Reminded About Importance Of Vaccinations
The Newtown Community Center Advisory Committee in collaboration with the Town of Newtown will host two outreach efforts to help residents learn about the most up-to-date schematic center design. Efforts are Wednesday, June 21, from 7 to 8 pm, and Saturday, June 24, from 10 to 11 am, both in the lower meeting room of C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main Street.
The hourlong events will include a presentation of the schematic designs by Quisenberry Arcari Architects, as well as by members of the advisory committee. Residents will hear details on what is currently included in the schematic plan, including multipurpose rooms that offer space for various activities, how three of these rooms can be joined together to make a larger event/banquet space, commercial kitchen, pools, and more.