The Town Players of Newtown are wrapping their 2017 season with a beautiful take on Horton Foote's "The Trip To Bountiful."...Read Full Article
- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
Cocktails and Curtain Calls is a new show being offered on Charter Communications Local Access station (channel 192).
Co-hosts Elizabeth Young and Matt Austin talk about all things theater, focusing on theater in the community.
The next episode, scheduled for Saturday, April 9, at 1 pm, will feature Debbie Levin. Currently in rehearsals for TheatreWorks New Milford’s upcoming production of The Tale of The Allergist’s Wife, Ms Levin is “a wonderful local director who has done some bold and beautiful shows,” says Cocktails and Curtain Calls co-host Elizabeth Young.
Then on Wednesday, April 14, at 7 pm, and again on Saturday, April 16, at 1 pm, the guest will be Terry Polvay, Linda Gilmore and Rob Pawlikowski. Mr Polvay is directing the upcoming production of Murder Among Friends, which opens April 15 at The Little Theatre in Newtown; Ms Gilmore and Mr Pawlikowski are two of the show’s cast members.
Elizabeth Young is an actor and writer who has performed in many local theaters. She is also the current theater reviewer for The Newtown Bee.
Matt Austin is a director and actor who works extensively in local theater. Among others projects, he is the creator of the improv group The 17 Debacles, based at The Brookfield Theater for the Arts.