- Newtown Elementary Schools Celebrate Literacy
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- Newtown Immaculate High School Student Earns National Scholastic Award
- Newtown Public Schools Announce Spring Concerts And Events
- Superintendent To Hold Open Hour For Budget Discussion With Public Monday
- New Kindergarten And First Grade Math Curriculum For Newtown Students
- Newtown’s PTA Reflections Program Winners Recognized At Schools
Trinity Day School held its annual Ocean Day on Wednesday, October 4.
Multiple activities were set up for students to learn about the ocean and the creatures that live there. One activity station had students “fish” out of a wooden boat using magnets, one station had students decorate paper cutouts of creatures using paint and marbles, and another station had students “meet” a real octopus.
At another station students and adults read books about the ocean, and at another station students pretended to “swim” using flippers and towels with ocean waves pictured on them.