- Business Buzz: Cleaner Tails
- Chamber Saying ‘Bye’ To Newtown Bucks
- Market Place Kitchen & Bar Open At Lexington Village
- Chamber’s ‘Pizza Party’ A Big Hit At Destination Newtown
- New Officers Inducted At Newtown Board Of Realtors Luncheon
- Woodmarket Furniture Reaches 25-Year Milestone
- Sandy Hook CEO Celebrating Leahy’s Fuels 100th Anniversary
As shoppers arrived at Queen Street Gifts & Treats Saturday, November 4, they were immediately immersed in the shop’s five-year anniversary celebration and an enticing offer of a 15 percent storewide discount, edible goodies, and visiting local artists who were on hand for the occasion.
As people milled around the store, owner Mary Wilson said, “I’m just so proud… It makes me very happy and people just love everything that I have picked.”
Ms Wilson said Queen Street Gifts & Treats is not a normal gift store. She stocks it with a range of items, from books to horse-inspired gifts.
Seasonal offerings include birdseed ornaments. Fall and Thanksgiving items are available and some Christmas items are also for sale at the store now.
Collin Robison and Trent DeBerry of Newtown’s Hound House stood near a display of their candles, and were joined by artist Carli Bruno of Carli Bruno Studio/Cristalida, who offered her collection of jewelry.
Ms Wilson also highlighted a new Andy Warhol coloring book available at the store — the second that Ms Wilson’s family has released.
As another shopper entered the store, Ms Wilson headed off greeted them with, “Welcome to our fifth anniversary.”
Visit Queen Street Gifts & Treats at 3 Queen Street, or online at queenstreetgifts.com.