The Resiliency Center of Newtown is planning two open house events for its 2017 presentation of Camp Sea Stars North, to be offered August 14-18....Read Full Article
- Classical Music, Sunday At Edmond Town Hall
- Participants Sought For Second Annual ‘Risk A Verse’ Poetry Event
- Harmony On The Sound Special Events Planned
- Henschel Quartett At Edmond Town Hall March 19
- ‘Evolution Of The Monroe Doctrine,’ March 13 With Historical Society
- Flagpole Radio Cafe Orchestra Returning To The Stage
- Historical Society To Offer Silhouette Event
Registration for Camp Creativity, offered through The Resiliency Center of Newtown, officially opens on Friday, April 8, at 8 am.
Camp Creativity will run two one week sessions this summer: June 20-23 and June 27-30, with programs running 9 am-3 pm each day.
This is a trauma-informed camp that is offered to Sandy Hook and Newtown children entering grades 1-6, free of charge. Each week will include outdoor art, music and other activities led by creative arts therapists and volunteers ready to model summer fun with children. Nut-free snacks and lunch are even provided.
Camp is held at the Cullens Youth Association property here in town, and is limited to just 50 children each week.
Last year camp was full within two hours of the link going live, so organizers are strongly encouraging parents to now wait if they have any interest in getting their children in for one of this year’s sessions.
Call RCN at 203-364-9750 for additional information.