Registration for Camp Creativity 2017, a summer offering through The Resiliency Center of Newtown, will open at 8 am Friday, April 7. A summer offering through The Resiliency Center of Newtown,...Read Full Article
- Sandy Hook Fire & Rescue To Celebrate 30th Anniversary LobsterFest
- Historical Society Clothing, Household Goods Drive Planned
- SCAN Spring Show & Sale At Booth Library, June 2-11
- Joni Mitchell Jazz Tribute, June 16 At Edmond Town Hall
- Summer Sounds To Begin May 31 At Masonicare
- Registration Open For Summer Camp At Two Coyotes Wilderness School
- Summer Camp STEM Offerings At Newtown Continuing Education
Registration for Camp Creativity, offered through The Resiliency Center of Newtown, officially opens on Friday, April 8, at 8 am.
Camp Creativity will run two one week sessions this summer: June 20-23 and June 27-30, with programs running 9 am-3 pm each day.
This is a trauma-informed camp that is offered to Sandy Hook and Newtown children entering grades 1-6, free of charge. Each week will include outdoor art, music and other activities led by creative arts therapists and volunteers ready to model summer fun with children. Nut-free snacks and lunch are even provided.
Camp is held at the Cullens Youth Association property here in town, and is limited to just 50 children each week.
Last year camp was full within two hours of the link going live, so organizers are strongly encouraging parents to now wait if they have any interest in getting their children in for one of this year’s sessions.
Call RCN at 203-364-9750 for additional information.