Registration for Camp Creativity 2017, a summer offering through The Resiliency Center of Newtown, will open at 8 am Friday, April 7. A summer offering through The Resiliency Center of Newtown,...Read Full Article
- Police Planning For ‘Coffee With A Cop’
- Conant’s ‘Water Views’ To Fill Walls Of Church Hill Road Day Spa
- Newtown Education Foundation Sets A Family Fun Color Run
- Arts Festival Opening Night Event: Sawyer Fredericks To Perform September 15 At Fairfield Hills
- Kids' Fishing Derby And Family Fun Day, August 12 At Masonicare
- Newtown Artists Tomaselli & Morgan, ‘In Retrospect’
- Blue Knights Drum And Bugle Corps To Rehearse At Blue & Gold Stadium, Friday
Registration for Camp Creativity, offered through The Resiliency Center of Newtown, officially opens on Friday, April 8, at 8 am.
Camp Creativity will run two one week sessions this summer: June 20-23 and June 27-30, with programs running 9 am-3 pm each day.
This is a trauma-informed camp that is offered to Sandy Hook and Newtown children entering grades 1-6, free of charge. Each week will include outdoor art, music and other activities led by creative arts therapists and volunteers ready to model summer fun with children. Nut-free snacks and lunch are even provided.
Camp is held at the Cullens Youth Association property here in town, and is limited to just 50 children each week.
Last year camp was full within two hours of the link going live, so organizers are strongly encouraging parents to now wait if they have any interest in getting their children in for one of this year’s sessions.
Call RCN at 203-364-9750 for additional information.