- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Settling In For Winter, Next Sunday At The Sanctuary Program
- Library Planning For Annual Holiday Sale
- Yoga Dimensions Holiday Yogathon To Benefit Women’s Center Of Greater Danbury
- Upcoming Yoga Mat Art Show Scheduled For December
- Conn. Authors Reading Series Turning To European Landscapes For Nov. 18 Event
- Woman’s Club To Welcome Rossiter For Encore Author Program
Registration for Camp Creativity, offered through The Resiliency Center of Newtown, officially opens on Friday, April 8, at 8 am.
Camp Creativity will run two one week sessions this summer: June 20-23 and June 27-30, with programs running 9 am-3 pm each day.
This is a trauma-informed camp that is offered to Sandy Hook and Newtown children entering grades 1-6, free of charge. Each week will include outdoor art, music and other activities led by creative arts therapists and volunteers ready to model summer fun with children. Nut-free snacks and lunch are even provided.
Camp is held at the Cullens Youth Association property here in town, and is limited to just 50 children each week.
Last year camp was full within two hours of the link going live, so organizers are strongly encouraging parents to now wait if they have any interest in getting their children in for one of this year’s sessions.
Call RCN at 203-364-9750 for additional information.