- Registration Continues For Saturday's Rooster Run
- Admirals Pile Up Wood Bat League Wins
- Golfers Support Scholarship Association In Annual Tournament
- Crebbin And Swierbut Represent Hawks In Nationals
- Final Run Of Sandy Hook 5K To Take Place July 21
- Freshmen Stepped Up To Assist In Newtown High Boys’ Lacrosse Team’s Winning Ways
- Newtown Players Help St Joseph Lacrosse Team To State Championship
Newtown High School’s boys’ soccer team earned a 3-1 victory over visiting Immaculate of Danbury, at Blue & Gold Stadium, on October 17.
Immaculate scored for a 1-0 lead midway through the first half before the Hawks got going. Thomas Skrelja scored the equalizer late in the first half off a header assisted by Jack Vaughan. Rilind Limani, assisted by Brendan O’Hara, put Newtown in front midway through the second half.
Skrelja scored again, only a few minutes later, on a goal set up by Owen Baillargeon. Skrelja made a cut-back move at the top of the 18 yard box and sent a nice shot into the top corner of the goal.
Goalkeeper CJ Trivers had one save as Newtown dominated with 20 shots toward the goal.
The Nighthawks won their second game in a row after blanking Joel Barlow of Redding 1-0 on October 12. Adam Farley, assisted by Limani, had the goal.