- Nighthawks Compete In Swimming State Open
- Former Newtown Standout Scores TD For Michigan
- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Unified Sports Provides Opportunity For Students To Grow
- BOE Celebrates Unified Sports Leaders
- Nighthawks Sign National Letters Of Intent To Play In College
- Western Connecticut Hockey Program Hosts Rangers Alumni Assist Game
Newtown High School’s boys’ soccer team earned a 3-1 victory over visiting Immaculate of Danbury, at Blue & Gold Stadium, on October 17.
Immaculate scored for a 1-0 lead midway through the first half before the Hawks got going. Thomas Skrelja scored the equalizer late in the first half off a header assisted by Jack Vaughan. Rilind Limani, assisted by Brendan O’Hara, put Newtown in front midway through the second half.
Skrelja scored again, only a few minutes later, on a goal set up by Owen Baillargeon. Skrelja made a cut-back move at the top of the 18 yard box and sent a nice shot into the top corner of the goal.
Goalkeeper CJ Trivers had one save as Newtown dominated with 20 shots toward the goal.
The Nighthawks won their second game in a row after blanking Joel Barlow of Redding 1-0 on October 12. Adam Farley, assisted by Limani, had the goal.