- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
Webelos and other boys currently in fifth grade through age 18 are invited to meet Troop 770 Boy Scouts during an open house event on Sunday, February 19, from 1:30 to 3 pm. The event will be held in the gymnasium of St Rose School, 40 Church Hill Road.
No previous scouting experience is necessary. Troop 770 is a nondenominational troop that meets Tuesday evenings at St Rose School.
Scouts will set up skill stations to introduce youth to some of the things the troop does, such as setting up a tent, cooking a camping meal, and wilderness survival training. Older Scouts will be on hand to answer questions, and Scout parents and leaders will host a coffee chat.
Reservations are appreciated but not necessary to email@example.com.