- Vanessa Trien Keeps Children On Their Feet
- Students Reunite With Didi Maa During Newtown Visit
- ‘The Dogs Of Camelot’ Brings Readers Into The World Of The Kennedy Canines
- Community Center On Track For 2019 Opening Despite Tight Budget
- Officials: Pootatuck Debris ‘Cloud’ Was Not Toxic
- Rising Steel Begins Defining Shape Of Community Center
- Newtown Continuing Education’s SMART Camp Begins
Roughly 40 empty boxes and bins were lined up outside Reed Intermediate School, 3 Trades Lane, on the morning of Friday, July 6. The record-breaking number of boxes, according to Friends of the C.H. Booth Library Publicity Director Toni Earnshaw, represented people’s reserved place in line in anticipation for the Friends of the C.H. Booth Library Book Sale.
The annual book sale is scheduled to run Saturday and Sunday, July 7 and 8, from 9 am to 5 pm; Monday, July 9, from 9 am to 7 pm (half price day); Tuesday, July 10, from 9 am to 7 pm ($5 bag day); and Wednesday, July 11, from 9 am to noon (free day). For Saturday only, $5 numbered admission tickets for attendees 18 years and older go on sale beginning at 7 am.
For more information, visit boothbooksale.org.