- Turkey Trot Road Restrictions For Thanksgiving Day
- Settling In For Winter, Next Sunday At The Sanctuary Program
- Library Planning For Annual Holiday Sale
- Yoga Dimensions Holiday Yogathon To Benefit Women’s Center Of Greater Danbury
- Upcoming Yoga Mat Art Show Scheduled For December
- Conn. Authors Reading Series Turning To European Landscapes For Nov. 18 Event
- Woman’s Club To Welcome Rossiter For Encore Author Program
Botsford Fire Rescue members will open their fire station at 315 South Main Street to the public on Saturday, November 4.
“We’d like the public to come in and meet us, see the apparatus, tour the firehouse, and maybe join our team,” said BFR Lieutenant Tom Paloian. The company is actively seeking new members, he said.
From noon until 4, firefighters will be available to answer questions about their work as members of one of the town’s five volunteer fire companies.
There will be face painting and a bounce house for the younger guests, and free refreshments for all visitors.
Firefighters will also be presenting two demonstrations that afternoon. At 1 pm, they will demonstrate the extrication of a patient from a motor vehicle following and accident. A live burn will be conducted at 3 pm.
For additional information visit botsfordfirerescue.com or call 203-460-1068.