- Late Addition To NFA Calendar: Family Fun Hike, Saturday
- Hometown Foundation Benefit Planned To Honor Memory Of Fallen SEAL, Brookfield Native
- Housatonic Valley Waldorf School Hosts Free Puppet Show
- New Meeting Location For Local Friends Of Counted Embroidery Chapter
- Free Screening Scheduled Of Award-Winning Family Leave Crisis Documentary
- Controversial Masterpiece Next In Someday Cinema Series
- Happy Hearts Of Hope News: Local Organization Looking Back & Planning Ahead
Botsford Fire Rescue members will open their fire station at 315 South Main Street to the public on Saturday, November 4.
“We’d like the public to come in and meet us, see the apparatus, tour the firehouse, and maybe join our team,” said BFR Lieutenant Tom Paloian. The company is actively seeking new members, he said.
From noon until 4, firefighters will be available to answer questions about their work as members of one of the town’s five volunteer fire companies.
There will be face painting and a bounce house for the younger guests, and free refreshments for all visitors.
Firefighters will also be presenting two demonstrations that afternoon. At 1 pm, they will demonstrate the extrication of a patient from a motor vehicle following and accident. A live burn will be conducted at 3 pm.
For additional information visit botsfordfirerescue.com or call 203-460-1068.