Borough property taxes will rise in the 2018-19 fiscal year, but not as steeply as had been proposed by the Borough Board of Burgesses. ...Read Full Article
- Three Separate Projects Underway To Replace Local Bridges
- VNA Newtown Planning Centennial Celebration
- Newtown Getting Hefty CIRMA Distribution
- First-Time Author's Story Shares The Power Of A Simple Act Of Kindness; Author Program Saturday At Library
- Dog Days Of Summer In Full Swing At Town Dog Park
- Tie-Dyeing Makes For A Colorful Time At The Library
- Here Is How Newtown's Primary Votes Stacked Up
Tonight’s Borough Board of Burgesses special meeting has been canceled.
Borough Warden James Gaston indicated in a note to The Newtown Bee that the decision to cancel the May 17 meeting — already a rescheduled event after an overcapacity crowd filled Edmond Town Hall’s lower meeting room on May 8 — was done due to the number of residents who remain without power or are working to clear trees and/or wires from their property following Tuesday evening’s storm.
“As we are still in a Town Emergency mode I think it best to cancel tonight’s Borough budget meeting,” Mr Gaston wrote.
He is hoping, he indicated, to be able to reschedule the meeting for next week. The date will be announced once confirmed.