- JR NAA Calls For Gun Violence Prevention Advocates To Join #WearOrange Campaign
- JR NAA Co-Chair Jackson Mittleman Speaks At EWA National Seminar
- St Rose of Lima School Hosts Grandparents And Special Persons Day
- Newtown Continuing Education Summer Programs Available
- Sandy Hook School Celebrates ‘Dress Like Mr Napolitano’ Day
- NHS Marching Band & Guard Mattress Sale Will Help You Sleep Tight
- School And Transportation Updates
Newtown Public Schools announced this year’s honorees for the 2017-2018 Profiles in Professionalism this week. The awardees will be recognized at the Board of Education’s scheduled May 15 meeting, at 7 pm, in the Reed Intermediate School Library, 3 Trades Lane.
The 2017-18 awardees are Director of Technology Carmella Amodeo, Hawley Elementary School first grade teacher Gina Cappelli, Sandy Hook Elementary School nurse Sally Cox, Newtown Middle School math teacher and co-curriculum coordinator Bonnie Hart, Director of Kindergarten to Twelfth Grade Visual and Performing Arts Michelle Hiscavich, Head O’ Meadow Elementary School kindergarten teacher Miryam Kuligowski, Middle Gate Elementary School psychologist Heather Lucian, Newtown High School custodian Kenneth Ludvinsky, Central Officer IDEA/SpEd Data Admin Coordinator Sally Lynch, Sandy Hook School paraeducator Deborah Pisani, NMS Guidance Office secretary Susan Small, Reed Intermediate School sixth grade teacher Michelle Holda-Vaccaro, and preschool special education teacher Sarah Woods.