- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing including movie listings and special events)
- January 12-18, 2018: "The Man Who Invented Christmas" and "Citizen Kane"
- January 5-11, 2018: "It"
- December 29, 2017-January 4, 2018: "Thor: Ragnarok" and Steve Gross/Avielle Foundation Brainstorm Experience
- December 22-January 3, 2017: "Elf" and "Thor: Ragnarok"
- December 15-21, 2017: "Wonderstruck" and Someday Cinema Series "Wonderful Life"
- December 8-14, 2017: "Only The Brave"
Friday, April 22-Wednesday, April 27
Screenings Friday and Saturday, 7 & 9:20 pm; Monday through Wednesday 7 pm;
matinees Saturday*, Sunday and Tuesday, 1 pm.
Rated R * running time 2:08
Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo, Rachel McAdams, Liev Schreiber & Brian d’Arcy James
In 2002 the “Spotlight” team of The Boston Globe produced a series of Pulitzer-Prize winning articles about child molestation allegations against Catholic clergy in the Archdiocese of Boston, and concerted cover-up efforts by the Church and State. The articles resulted in similar allegations worldwide, and forced the Catholic Church to face a moral failure within its midst. The film was this year’s Academy Award winner for Best Picture.
*As part of Sexual Assault Awareness Month, representatives from The Women’s Center of Greater Danbury will lead a discussion in the theater about the film and child sexual abuse, following Saturday’s matinee. The discussion is included in the regular $2 movie ticket price.
Sunday, April 24
SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN
Screenings 4 & 7 pm
A silent film production company and cast make a difficult transition to sound in this 1952 film starring Gene Kelly, Donald O’Connor and Debbie Reynolds being screened as the next offering in Newtown Cultural Arts Commission’s ongoing Sunday Cinema Series.
Read more here.