- NMS Health Center Celebrates Two-Year Milestone, Previews Summer Pilot
- Pennsylvania Students Head East To Share Prize With Sandy Hook Promise
- Schools Release Butterflies At CVH Animal Sanctuary
- Overtime Thriller! Hawk Laxmen Advance With Qualifying Round Triumph
- Every Duck Has Its Day At The Great Pootatuck Duck Race
- BOS Green Lights Community/Senior Center Schematic Design
- Cate Gosselin Named Paraeducator of the Year
Newtown High School wrestlers Joe Accousti and Tom Long both recently earned their 100th career victories, and the Nighthawk grapplers celebrated reaching the century mark in wins during the team’s match with visiting Masuk of Monroe, on January 5. The Nighthawks defeated Masuk 43-17.
The Nighthawks look to carry their winning ways into a big match with South-West Conference rival New Milford, when the Green Wave visit NHS on Wednesday, January 11, at 7 pm.
New Milford dethroned Newtown to capture the SWC title last winter, after the Hawks had ended nearly a decade of continuous bragging rights atop the conference for the Wave.
Weight division results from the Masuk match are as follows:
106: Fritz Maurath wins by forfeit.
113: Evan Rooney defeats Masuk’s Luke Larivierre (injury default).
120: Aiden Occhipinti loses 4-3 decision to Masuk’s Mike Fedorko.
126: Justin Bogdanoff loses 15-0 technical fall to Salvatore Gambino.
132: Double forfeit.
138: Aaron Occhipinti 8-0 major decision over Masuk’s Curtis Fedorko.
145: Owen Walsh Jason 4-1 decision over Masuk’s Jason Lobdell.
152: Ed Lovely pins Masuk’s Brendan Ottan in 8 seconds.
160: Alex Stavola wins by forfeit.
170: Double forfeit.
182: Joe Accousti pins Masuk’s CJ Zaccarigini in 49 seconds.
195: Doug Carriero pinned by Masuk’s Justin Senna in 1:58.
220: Tom Long pins Rob Krawjewiski in 1:39.
285: Joe Zeller loses 9-6 decision to Tim Kwochka.