- School Board Celebrates NHS Dance Team
- Newtown Middle School Second Quarter Honor Roll
- Aquarion Water Company Teaches Reed Students About Water
- Relocation Drill At NMS Set For April 11
- Newtown Continuing Education Classes Available
- Local Young Adults Lead Efforts To Show Solidarity With Parkland And Call For Gun Violence Prevention
- Jr NAA Leads Newtown's Students In Call For Change
Newtown Middle School seventh and eighth grade students performed in a talent show on November 22 ahead of the district’s long holiday weekend. The event was overseen by NMS social studies teacher Will Ryan.
Students sang, performed on the piano, or displayed other talents — including ventriloquism and tap dancing.
After NMS language arts teacher Andrew Tammero and School Resource Officer William Chapman took the stage, they held up blinking lights that looked like simulated harmonicas while music played along. Mr Ryan and computer integration teacher Rachel Smith culminated the talent show by performing Jimmy Eat World’s song “The Middle,” with Mr Ryan playing on a guitar and Ms Smith singing.