- VNA Newtown Planning Centennial Celebration
- First-Time Author's Story Shares The Power Of A Simple Act Of Kindness; Author Program Saturday At Library
- Dog Days Of Summer In Full Swing At Town Dog Park
- Tie-Dyeing Makes For A Colorful Time At The Library
- Nourishments: Hair Today — Gone Tomorrow
- Concert Review: ‘Fresh Baked Musicals’ An Enjoyable Performance Of New Songs
- Theater Review: A Powerful Metaphor, A Poignant Play Staged In Ridgefield
A brief period of rain did not dishearten the canines and humans attending the 9th Annual Park and Bark Strutt Your Mutt dog walk and fair held on June 2 on the Fairfield Hills campus.
The event was postponed from its original date of May 19 due to weather related conditions. The event benefits and is sponsored annually by the Newtown Park and Bark dog park. This year’s event included vendors, games, raffles, and food. DJ Kevin “Music Man” Koschel provided music and a photo booth for pets and their owners.
The event’s walk began at noon, with the chosen pack leader Max leading the way, his owner Victoria Queen in tow. Angelo Poggi and his dog, Mango, also walked in the lead with Max and Ms Queen.
The brief rain began just after the walk started, but Newtown Parks & Recreation Assistant Director RoseAnn Reggiano said the rain helped to cool off the participants during a humid day. Once everyone returned from the walk, Ms Reggiano said people played games, visited the vendors, and “hung around.”
“It ended up being a great event,” said Ms Reggiano.
Later during the event, judges oversaw the annual Strutt Your Mutt Pageant. Marina Coddaire’s husky, Atari, won the pageant, earning the top prize of a gift basket donated by Mt Pleasant Hospital for Animals. Atari will lead next year’s Strutt Your Mutt dog walk as the leader of the pack.