- Residents Preparing This Year’s Crop Of Entries For Connecticut Flower & Garden Show
- ‘Nighthawks Challenge’ Obstacle Course Fundraiser Slated For March 11
- Hunters Ridge Seeking Sewage Service Beyond Town’s Capacity
- Occhipinti Wins Title, Zeller Second In State Wrestling Championships
- Weather Service Winter Storm Warning Covers Entire State; 5-9 Inches Of Snow Possible For Newtown
- Cherry Grove Farm Preservation Within NFA’s Sight
- Longtime Residents Of Newtown: The Watts Family
Newtown High School’s girls’ volleyball team, on the heels of their run to the conference championship round, returned to action in the Class LL state tournament and, as the No. 9 seed and host team, defeated No. 24 Norwich Free Academy 3-1 (25-15, 25-22, 11-25, 25-20), in the first round, on November 6.
Tess Mubarek had four aces and five digs; Zoe Beals had 14 kills and four digs; Erin Burns recorded two kills and four blocks; Erin Mitchell logged five kills and two aces; and Kim Buttery had two aces, two kills, and 37 assists.
Newtown advances to the second round with a visit No. 8 Glastonbury on Thursday, November 9, beginning at 6 pm. The winner travels to top-seeded Cheshire for a November 11 quarterfinal-round matchup.