- Trails At Cherry Grove Farm Are Ready For Public Use
- Lisa Unleashed: Return To Cherry Grove Farm On Horseback
- Runners Enjoy Cool Weather In Rooster Run
- Auto Thefts On The Rise; Police Chief Offers Advice
- Relay For Life Lights Up The Night For ‘A Brighter Tomorrow’
- Head O’ Meadow Celebrates End Of The School Year, Retiring Principal
- New Warden In Charge At Garner Prison
Newtown High School’s girls’ volleyball team, on the heels of their run to the conference championship round, returned to action in the Class LL state tournament and, as the No. 9 seed and host team, defeated No. 24 Norwich Free Academy 3-1 (25-15, 25-22, 11-25, 25-20), in the first round, on November 6.
Tess Mubarek had four aces and five digs; Zoe Beals had 14 kills and four digs; Erin Burns recorded two kills and four blocks; Erin Mitchell logged five kills and two aces; and Kim Buttery had two aces, two kills, and 37 assists.
Newtown advances to the second round with a visit No. 8 Glastonbury on Thursday, November 9, beginning at 6 pm. The winner travels to top-seeded Cheshire for a November 11 quarterfinal-round matchup.