- New Government Sworn Into Office
- An Open Invitation To Enjoy Thanksgiving With New Friends
- Nighthawks Compete In Swimming State Open
- Newtown Police Named In Traffic Stop Data Analysis
- Holiday Festival, A Benefit Event For NYFS, Returning To Main Street First Sunday In December
- Property Owner Challenges Conservation Easement
- Lisa Unleashed: Does California’s Puppy Mill Ban Really Help Dogs?
Newtown High School’s girls’ volleyball team, on the heels of their run to the conference championship round, returned to action in the Class LL state tournament and, as the No. 9 seed and host team, defeated No. 24 Norwich Free Academy 3-1 (25-15, 25-22, 11-25, 25-20), in the first round, on November 6.
Tess Mubarek had four aces and five digs; Zoe Beals had 14 kills and four digs; Erin Burns recorded two kills and four blocks; Erin Mitchell logged five kills and two aces; and Kim Buttery had two aces, two kills, and 37 assists.
Newtown advances to the second round with a visit No. 8 Glastonbury on Thursday, November 9, beginning at 6 pm. The winner travels to top-seeded Cheshire for a November 11 quarterfinal-round matchup.