- A Family Feeling At Dickinson Day Camp
- Sandy Hook Volunteer Fire & Rescue Visits NYFS Safety Town
- Young Engineers Scramble To Test Egg Drop Designs
- Superhero Science Marvels Campers
- Campers Showcase Their ‘SMARTs’
- Students Reunite With Didi Maa During Newtown Visit
- Newtown Continuing Education’s SMART Camp Begins
The 2017-18 school year started for students at all Newtown schools the morning of Monday, August 28.
At Newtown High School, students greeted friends and checked phones as they entered the school.
At Head O’ Meadow Elementary School, roughly an hour later, students were greeted by teachers and Principal Barbara Gasparine.
“Happy first day,” Ms Gasparine said, as one student ran to enter the building after bounding off a bus.
Parents are invited to submit pictures to The Newtown Bee of their children on the first day of school, August 28. The photos will be collected for possible use in the September 1 edition of paper and/or for use online on the paper’s website.
Parents should submit photos by e-mailing them and a description of the photo — including the first and last names of those pictured, what grade they are in, and which school they attend — to education reporter Eliza Hallabeck, email@example.com, before 10 am, this coming Tuesday, August 29.