- *The first tickets for summer concerts at the Meadows Music Theater in Hartford (or The New England Dodge Music Center, depending on which Live Nation website you’re looking at) have been announced. The 2009 IGA Country Megaticket will be available
- The Measure Of Our Wealth
- Newtown Continuing Ed Brochure Available
- A Look Back On A Visit From A Sister School
- New Support Group: ‘Good Grief’
- Senior services for Newtown seniors are available at the Multipurpose Building on Riverside Road in Sandy Hook. The Senior Center is under the auspices of the Commission on Aging. The center is run by Senior Services Director Marilyn Place. For more
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Tim Gagne Joins Norwalk’s FCA
NORWALK – Family & Children’s Agency (FCA), a human services agency providing help and hope to generations of area residents, recently welcomed Tim Gagne of Newtown, adding a range of skills to FCA’s corps of professionals.
Mr Gagne comes to FCA as marketing and communications manager following six years as publicist of The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, one of the largest family recreation destinations and informal science learning centers in Connecticut. Prior to working at the aquarium, Mr Gagne was editor and publisher of Connecticut‘s County Kids magazine where, under his leadership, the publication earned eight national awards of excellence.
Social service runs in the Gagne family. His father, Joseph Gagne, served for nearly 30 years with the federal courts in the Probation and Pretrial Services departments. His mother Roberta, a retired teacher, is active with the Fairfield Public Library, the Fairfield Historical Society, and the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Since 1942, FCA has been a resource for families and individuals in southwestern Connecticut and beyond. Like the communities it serves, FCA is a dynamic place, linking people with skilled professionals in adoption, counseling, services for seniors, family support and youth development.
For more information on FCA programs and services for children, families, individuals and seniors, visit www.familyandchildrensagency.org or call Family & Children’s Agency at 203-855-8765.