Ben’s Bells Project is inviting the public to a special event to raise funds for the nonprofit organization and celebrate five years of inspiring kindness in Connecticut. The 2018 Celebration of Kindness will take place Thursday, May 24, from 7 to 10 pm, at Michael’s at the Grove, 42 Vail Road in Bethel. The event is the organization’s largest annual fundraiser....Read Full Article
- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
- CCS Annual Sing-in Scheduled, June 18 At Trinity Church
- Summer Jam Concert Series Opener To Coincide With Last Day Of School
- US Chess Champion Coming To Newtown
- Special Olympics Torch Run, Friday
- New One-Act Plays About The Over-55 Set, June 8-10 At Edmond Town Hall
Newtown Yoga Center owner Aline Marie has announced that the Yoga Mat Art Show previously scheduled for Friday, October 6, has been postponed to Saturday December 9, from 6 to 10 pm.
The event will still be hosted at The Newtown Yoga Center, 78 South Main Street, and feature handmade painted yoga mats for sale, made by Ms Marie and local artist Dave Brooker.
Along with the change in date, the Yoga Mat Art Show will now donate all money raised from ticket sales, additional raffle ticket money, and 25 percent of all yoga mat sales from that evening to The Resiliency Center of Newtown.
For more information on the Yoga Mat Art Show and to purchase tickets, visit thenewtownyogacenter.com.