Full listing of public events planned for the historic building at 45 Main Street, Newtown....Read Full Article
- New Beginnings St Patrick’s Day Event
- Avielle Foundation Promoting Next Two 'BrainStorm' Events
- Former Silvermine Director Offering Landscape Painting Demo, Next SCAN Program
- ‘Container Gardening Inside And Out’ With Town & Country, Bugbee
- Connecticut Authors Reading Series Presenting Poetry, Fiction, And Memoir For March
- ‘Visiting The Land Of Your Ancestors,’ With Genealogy Club Guide
- Benefit To Honor, Memorialize Local NAVY Seal
UPDATE (Monday, November 20, 2017): This story has been updated to reflect the proper hosts of this event.
* * * * *
On Saturday, December 2, from 2 to 4 pm, Newtown Country Club will host a Meet the Author & Tea.
Nan Rossiter, a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, will be the afternoon’s special guest. The event will run from 2 to 4.
Admission is $20 which includes tea, scones, sandwiches, and desserts.
Ms Rossiter will have copies of her books available to purchase at the event.
The last time Nan Rossiter (on the left in the Judy Roentel photo above, with Marie Sturdevant) visited Newtown for an author program, in February 2016, nearly three dozen residents braved a snowstorm in order to meet and enjoy a light lunch with the Connecticut resident.
Ms Sturdevant and Wendy Molloy, who have invited the author for another visit, are hoping for better weather, and even more guests, for this year’s program.
Reservations are due by Saturday, November 25. They can be made by calling Ms Sturdevant at 203-740-2733 or Ms Molly at 203-209-9476.
Newtown Country Club is at 2 Country Club Road.