- Registration Continues For July 21 Sandy Hook 5K
- Hammerin’ Hawgs Push Trumbull To Final Inning Before State Championship Walk-Off Loss
- Hammerin' Hawgs Reach 14U Babe Ruth State Tournament Championship
- Blue Stockings Fall To New Milford In States
- Host Blue Stockings Battle In 13U State Tournament
- Naturals Compete In Cal Ripken 8U Tourney
- Admirals Win Legion Games
The Western Connecticut Jr Colonials Ice Hockey program will host a New York Rangers Alumni Assist game to benefit the organization in hopes of adding an all girls’ team as soon as next season and for the establishment of a scholarship fund to aid in helping out those struggling to allow their children to participate. The game will take place at Danbury Ice Arena, 1 Independence Way, Danbury, on Saturday, November 25, beginning at 5:30 pm.
Western is a local travel hockey organization that fields eight teams comprising approximately 125 boys and girls ages 5 to 14. It is the primary organization that assists in helping field the local high school teams, including Newtown, when its participants age out of the youth hockey experience.
The fundraiser game will include a silent auction, chuck a puck, and shoot for a car or cash opportunity. In addition there will be autograph and special package opportunities available. All tickets are $20 in advance. Come out and see names like Adam Graves, Dave Maloney, and Colton Orr lace up the skates locally as they and some other former teammates skate with and against coaches and members of the Western Organization. To purchase tickets and find additional information, click on the signup page.