- Fans Have A Lot To Cheer (And Bark) For At Sound Tigers Hockey Game
- Medley Relay Team Sets School Record As Hawks Make Splash In State Meet
- Showing Strength: Nighthawk Football Team Wins Nutmeg Games Weight Lifting Championship
- Furious Waning-Seconds Comeback Stymied As Hawks Fall In Semis
- Newtown High Boys’ Basketball Team Finds Recipe For State Playoff Success
- Senior League Event To Support Memorial Sloan Kettering Moved To Thursday
- Skating Rink Poll Results Are In
The Western Connecticut Jr Colonials Ice Hockey program will host a New York Rangers Alumni Assist game to benefit the organization in hopes of adding an all girls’ team as soon as next season and for the establishment of a scholarship fund to aid in helping out those struggling to allow their children to participate. The game will take place at Danbury Ice Arena, 1 Independence Way, Danbury, on Saturday, November 25, beginning at 5:30 pm.
Western is a local travel hockey organization that fields eight teams comprising approximately 125 boys and girls ages 5 to 14. It is the primary organization that assists in helping field the local high school teams, including Newtown, when its participants age out of the youth hockey experience.
The fundraiser game will include a silent auction, chuck a puck, and shoot for a car or cash opportunity. In addition there will be autograph and special package opportunities available. All tickets are $20 in advance. Come out and see names like Adam Graves, Dave Maloney, and Colton Orr lace up the skates locally as they and some other former teammates skate with and against coaches and members of the Western Organization. To purchase tickets and find additional information, click on the signup page.