- Unified Sports ‘Brings Out The Best In Everybody’
- Lisa Unleashed: Fun Dog Events Coming To Area This Spring
- Brewpub Approved For Church Hill Road
- JR NAA Co-Chair Jackson Mittleman Speaks At EWA National Seminar
- St Rose of Lima School Hosts Grandparents And Special Persons Day
- Healthy Community Initiative Needs Working Group Volunteers
- Sandy Hook School Celebrates ‘Dress Like Mr Napolitano’ Day
Two matches. Two wins.
This one was a bit tougher than the first, but Newtown High School’s boys’ volleyball team — a three-set victor against visiting Darien in the season-opener on March 31 — earned a 3-2 (25-21, 25-19, 27-29, 23-25, 15-13) win over host Oxford, on Tuesday, April 3.
Ardi Kodzodziku accumulated 38 kills and seven digs; Matt Principi had 15 digs; Liam Jones and Eric Moore piled up 25 and 23 assists, respectively; and Morten Sande recorded two blocks.
It was a very tight match throughout all 5 games, several lead changes throughout each game.
“It just came down to who made the least mistakes. Jack Murray went down with an ankle sprain and Danny Schreiber stepped in to play middle from the middle of the second game to the fifth game,” Newtown Coach Sandy Doski said.
Her Nighthawks will host Masuk of Monroe on Wednesday, April 4, starting at 6 pm.