Town offices and other entities will be affected on Monday, February 19, due to Presidents' Day. ...Read Full Article
- Team 26 Planning Ride To Hartford On March 24
- Police Reports | March 1-20, 2018
- Fire Reports | March 8-22, 2018
- Sandy Hook Promise Launches Anonymous Reporting App
- Irish For A Day At Senior Center’s St Patrick’s Day Luncheon
- Two Hour Delay For Newtown Public Schools Thursday
- Newtown Public Schools To Dismiss Three Hours Early Wednesday
All town offices will be closed on Friday, November 10, in observance of Veterans Day.
Newtown Senior Center will also be closed on November 10, as will C.H. Booth Library.
The transfer station at the former landfill on Ethan Allen Road will be closed on Friday. It will be open on Saturday, November 11.
Veterans Day is a postal holiday, so there will be no mail delivery and USPS post offices will be closed on Saturday. The November 10, 2017, print edition of The Newtown Bee will be mailed at its regular time (Thursday afternoon), as it comes off the press.
The office of The Newtown Bee, 5 Church Hill Road, will be open on November 10. Deadlines for this week’s print edition will not be affected by Veterans Day.
VFW Post 308 will host its annual Veterans Day ceremony, Saturday, November 11, at 11 am. Post 308 is at 18 Tinkerfield Road, off Mile Hill South. The public is encouraged to attend this program honoring veterans of the American armed forces. For more information call 203-426-9316.