Town offices and other entities will be closed Wednesday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day. The holiday also means some early deadlines for the July 6, 2018 issue of The Newtown Bee. ...Read Full Article
- Community Center On Track For 2019 Opening Despite Tight Budget
- Officials: Pootatuck Debris ‘Cloud’ Was Not Toxic
- Rising Steel Begins Defining Shape Of Community Center
- Threatened Bridge Jumping Averted
- Police Preparing To Use Bodycams On Patrol
- Selectmen Reviewing Upcoming Road Repair Blitz July 16
- Major Industrial Project Gains Wetlands Approval
All town offices will be closed on Friday, November 10, in observance of Veterans Day.
Newtown Senior Center will also be closed on November 10, as will C.H. Booth Library.
The transfer station at the former landfill on Ethan Allen Road will be closed on Friday. It will be open on Saturday, November 11.
Veterans Day is a postal holiday, so there will be no mail delivery and USPS post offices will be closed on Saturday. The November 10, 2017, print edition of The Newtown Bee will be mailed at its regular time (Thursday afternoon), as it comes off the press.
The office of The Newtown Bee, 5 Church Hill Road, will be open on November 10. Deadlines for this week’s print edition will not be affected by Veterans Day.
VFW Post 308 will host its annual Veterans Day ceremony, Saturday, November 11, at 11 am. Post 308 is at 18 Tinkerfield Road, off Mile Hill South. The public is encouraged to attend this program honoring veterans of the American armed forces. For more information call 203-426-9316.