- Town Players To Host Auditions For ‘The Fox On The Fairway’
- Pony Rides For Jessica Rekos Rescheduled Again
- Recently Formed Club To Host Its First Square Dance Party
- Thursday Evening Summer Concert Series To Begin June 28
- A Special Evening All About Cheese, Wednesday At Booth Library
- CCS Annual Sing-in Scheduled, June 18 At Trinity Church
- Summer Jam Concert Series Opener To Coincide With Last Day Of School
The 2018 US Chess Champion, Sam Shankland, will be at NYA Sports and Fitness Center, 4 Primrose Street, on Saturday, July 7, for a chess simultaneous exhibition and lecture. In the exhibition, he will play one simultaneous game against all who wish to play him.
Mr Shankland, who holds the title of International Grandmaster, recently won the US Chess Championship, finishing ahead of three of the top ten players in the world, one of whom (Fabiano Caruana) will challenge World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen for the world title this November.
Grandmaster Shankland is also the former three-time California State Champion, has won two gold medals representing the United States at Chess Olympiads, is currently the fourth ranked player in the US, and 44th in the world.
The exhibition and lecture is scheduled to start at 1 pm. It is open to all. There is a fee of $40 per person to play the US Champion. Spectators who wish to listen to the lecture and watch the exhibition may do so at a fee of $5 each.
It is strongly recommended that those wishing to play register in advance, as soon as possible, with Glenn Budzinski at firstname.lastname@example.org, since there are only a limited number of boards available.