- New Warden In Charge At Garner Prison
- Middle School Students 'Move Up' To High School
- Rally Protesting Parent-Child Separation Still On For Saturday
- BOE Postpones Potential Calendar Decision
- Rental Apartment Complex Proposed For The Summit
- New Leaders Bring Extensive Experience To Nunnawauk Meadows
- Prisoner Death At Garner Ruled Homicide
Newtown Police are investigating the report of two stolen motor vehicles from the garage of a residence on Butternut Ridge and a confrontation between a resident and individuals who were reportedly rifling through contents of a parked car on Taunton Lane.
Police said both vehicles in the Butternut Ridge incident were unlocked, and keys were left inside. The vehicle thefts occurred during the early morning hours of June 6.
Newtown Police officials are asking its residents to remember to remove valuables and keys from their vehicles and to lock the doors.
A criminal investigation is ongoing, and further details are expected
Then, at approximately 1:35 am, June 7, police say that a resident on Taunton Lane reported that they found people going through their unlocked cars parked in their driveway.
The resident said they confronted the suspects, who then ran out of the driveway and got into a large SUV type vehicle with a very loud exhaust.
No further description could be given on the vehicle or suspects. Police are investigating.
Anyone with information on either case can reach the investigating officers at 203-270-4255