- New Warden In Charge At Garner Prison
- Middle School Students 'Move Up' To High School
- Following Postponement, Historical Society House & Garden Tour Set For This Weekend
- Rally Protesting Parent-Child Separation Still On For Saturday
- BOE Postpones Potential Calendar Decision
- Rental Apartment Complex Proposed For The Summit
- New Leaders Bring Extensive Experience To Nunnawauk Meadows
The Town of Newtown has announced that there will be extended hours at the transfer station again this weekend.
The station, at 4 Ethan Allen Road, will be open until 6 pm on Saturday, May 26.
Residents must have a permit to access the transfer station. Day passes are available for $20.
In the wake of the May 15 macroburst, the transfer station had extended hours last weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, May 19-20. In addition, the station — usually open only to contractors on Mondays — was open on Monday, May 21, for residents who had storm debris and other trash to dispose of.