- VNA Newtown Planning Centennial Celebration
- Newtown Getting Hefty CIRMA Distribution
- First-Time Author's Story Shares The Power Of A Simple Act Of Kindness; Author Program Saturday At Library
- Dog Days Of Summer In Full Swing At Town Dog Park
- Tie-Dyeing Makes For A Colorful Time At The Library
- Here Is How Newtown's Primary Votes Stacked Up
- Survivors From Sandy Hook, Parkland Joined Together For 'Road To Change' Rally
The Town of Newtown has announced that there will be extended hours at the transfer station again this weekend.
The station, at 4 Ethan Allen Road, will be open until 6 pm on Saturday, May 26.
Residents must have a permit to access the transfer station. Day passes are available for $20.
In the wake of the May 15 macroburst, the transfer station had extended hours last weekend, on Saturday and Sunday, May 19-20. In addition, the station — usually open only to contractors on Mondays — was open on Monday, May 21, for residents who had storm debris and other trash to dispose of.