- Unified Sports ‘Brings Out The Best In Everybody’
- Softball, Baseball, And Lacrosse Teams Fall In Championship Games
- First-Time Champions! Volleyball Team Beats Barlow For SWC Title
- Nighthawks Slug Their Way Into Championship Rematch With Bethel
- Softball Team Overcomes Barlow in SWC Semifinal
- NHS Spikers Conclude Unbeaten Regular Season And Head Into Championship Match
- Baseball Team Steals Win In SWC Quarterfinals
Newtown High School’s track and field athletes put their best feet forward in competitions this past weekend, the girls in the Loucks Games in White Plains, N.Y., and the boys at the Irv Black Invitational at New Britain High School.
Carly Swierbut broke not only the school record but also the South-West Conference mark with a second-place finish in the 200 meter dash with a time of 24.97.
Ryan Williams won the discus throw with a toss of 134-1.5.
Ryan Escoda placed fifth and set a school record in the 2K steeplechase with a time of 6:33.58.
Todd Perrin was third in the triple jump with a jump of 39-6. Grant Moxham finished fifth in the 400 in 52.82. Brett Deri was fifth in the 100 hurdles in 15.85 and was fifth in the 400 hurdles in 1:00.33.