The next presentation of The Town & Country Garden Club of Newtown will be on “Underutilized and Exceptional Native Trees and Shrubs," presented by Adam Wheeler. ...Read Full Article
- Summer Sounds To Begin May 31 At Masonicare
- Registration Open For Summer Camp At Two Coyotes Wilderness School
- Summer Camp STEM Offerings At Newtown Continuing Education
- Historical Society Spring Open House Sunday Afternoon
- Lions Getting Their Ducks In A Row, Firefighters Testing The Ropes
- Third Annual Catherine’s Butterfly Party Coming In June
- Town & Country Garden Club Members Help Beautify The Town; Plant Sale This Weekend
Members of the Town & Country Garden Club gathered on the Queen Street median at the intersection of Church Hill Road to beautify the area on the morning of Friday, May 12.
They planted a variety of annuals and perennials that attract pollinators like colorful dahlias and asters, as well as lamb’s ears and potato vines.
Those looking to begin their own green thumb gardening can stop by the Town & Country Garden Club’s Annual Plant and Shrub Sale on Saturday, May 20, at the Newtown Middle School. The sale will be from 9 am to 3 pm, rain or shine.
The event will feature a wide variety of hardy member-grown plants, interesting specimen plants, trees, and shrubs from Planters Choice, and herbs and vegetables, all at “very friendly prices,” organizers promise.
Summer wreaths will be a new addition to the club’s annual sale. Wreaths being offered have been individually designed and assembled by members of the club. Choices will complement all types of doors as well as other interior spaces that could benefit from having some additional color and texture.