Town & Country Garden Club of Newtown will present its largest annual fundraiser Saturday, May 19, on the lawn of Newtown Middle School....Read Full Article
- Celebrate Kindness With Ben’s Bells Project
- FUN Concert To Feature ‘80s Theme, Pizza Contest
- Lecture, Then Screenings, To Celebrate Classic Film Noir ‘Maltese Falcon’
- ‘Creative Container Design’, May 22 With Dalley & Garden Club
- ‘Inside Plein Air’ Demo Planned For Next SCAN Program
- Broadway Actress To Headline For Local Benefit; Performance Relocated To Monroe
- Newtown Winter Percussion Celebration, Band & Guard Mattress Sale Set
Members of the Town & Country Garden Club gathered on the Queen Street median at the intersection of Church Hill Road to beautify the area on the morning of Friday, May 12.
They planted a variety of annuals and perennials that attract pollinators like colorful dahlias and asters, as well as lamb’s ears and potato vines.
Those looking to begin their own green thumb gardening can stop by the Town & Country Garden Club’s Annual Plant and Shrub Sale on Saturday, May 20, at the Newtown Middle School. The sale will be from 9 am to 3 pm, rain or shine.
The event will feature a wide variety of hardy member-grown plants, interesting specimen plants, trees, and shrubs from Planters Choice, and herbs and vegetables, all at “very friendly prices,” organizers promise.
Summer wreaths will be a new addition to the club’s annual sale. Wreaths being offered have been individually designed and assembled by members of the club. Choices will complement all types of doors as well as other interior spaces that could benefit from having some additional color and texture.