Cathy Rich will demonstrate her award winning floral design skills at the next meeting of The Town and Country Garden Club on Wednesday, November 8....Read Full Article
- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
Members of the Town & Country Garden Club gathered on the Queen Street median at the intersection of Church Hill Road to beautify the area on the morning of Friday, May 12.
They planted a variety of annuals and perennials that attract pollinators like colorful dahlias and asters, as well as lamb’s ears and potato vines.
Those looking to begin their own green thumb gardening can stop by the Town & Country Garden Club’s Annual Plant and Shrub Sale on Saturday, May 20, at the Newtown Middle School. The sale will be from 9 am to 3 pm, rain or shine.
The event will feature a wide variety of hardy member-grown plants, interesting specimen plants, trees, and shrubs from Planters Choice, and herbs and vegetables, all at “very friendly prices,” organizers promise.
Summer wreaths will be a new addition to the club’s annual sale. Wreaths being offered have been individually designed and assembled by members of the club. Choices will complement all types of doors as well as other interior spaces that could benefit from having some additional color and texture.