- Health Officials: Toss Romaine Lettuce Over E Eoli Fears
- Health Official Cautions Residents That Ticks Are ‘Springing’
- Dr Robert Brody Following In His Father’s Footsteps, Naturally
- Parent Connection Hosting Senior Opioids Forums
- ‘The Opioid Crisis: What You Need To Know,’ April 29 At Trinity Church
- Teal Ribbons Signal Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Newtown, WCHN, Local Recipient Honoring Life-Giving Organ, Tissue Donors
The public is invited to attend a program, “The Opioid Crisis: What you need to know,” to be hosted by Trinity Episcopal Church on Sunday, April 29, from 11 am until 12:30 pm.
John D’Eramo, president and CEO of Midwestern Connecticut Council of Alcohol, will share valuable insights about opioids, including defining them; how to identify if a loved one is abusing opioids; emergency interventions; current state and federal funding to treat the opioid crisis; the difference between opioid and other addictions; and treatment, including a 12-step program.
Reservations are requested and can be done through the church’s website, trinitynewtownct.org, or by calling the office at 203-426-9070.
Trinity Church is at 36 Main Street, with parking access available off Church Hill Road.