Registration for this summer's Camp Creativity, a Resiliency Center of Newtown program, will open at noon on Thursday, April 12. ...Read Full Article
- Health Officials: Toss Romaine Lettuce Over E Eoli Fears
- Health Official Cautions Residents That Ticks Are ‘Springing’
- Dr Robert Brody Following In His Father’s Footsteps, Naturally
- Parent Connection Hosting Senior Opioids Forums
- ‘The Opioid Crisis: What You Need To Know,’ April 29 At Trinity Church
- Teal Ribbons Signal Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- Newtown, WCHN, Local Recipient Honoring Life-Giving Organ, Tissue Donors
UPDATE (Tuesday, December 12, 2017): The December 12 “Introduction To Tapping” workshop has been canceled, according to an email from The Resiliency Center.
* * * * *
The Resiliency Center of Newtown, 153 South Main Street, will welcome practitioners from The Tapping Practice in Sandy Hook to lead the community in a free introduction to Tapping, Tuesday, December 12, from noon to 2 pm.
Victoria Cryder, Kay Flynn, and Suzanne Rossini will discuss how tapping works for trauma and the differences between clinical care and self care, followed by a brief meditation and demonstration.
The Tapping Practice, which uses EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), provides brain-based somatic relief techniques for trauma and stress-related issues for adults, children, adolescents, educators, mental health and health care professionals. For further information visit thetappingpractice.com.
Registration for Tuesday’s program is appreciated and can be done by e-mailing Denise@resiliencycenterofnewtown.org.
The Resiliency Center also announces a special schedule for Thursday, December 14. The facility will be open from 9 am to 5 pm to offer extended program as Newtown reaches five years since 12/14.
The following services will be available, at no charge, to all:
*9:15 to 11:15 am: 15-minute chair massages;
*10 am to 2 pm: Reiki;
*10 am to 5 pm: Terrarium Making;
*1 to 5 pm: visit with Zoe the Therapy Dog;
*2 to 3:15 pm: 15-minute chair massages; and
*2:30 to 3:30 pm: Yoga with Aline.
For additional information call 203-364-9750.