- Permanent Memorial Commission Approves Submission Guidelines, Releases Important Upcoming Dates
- Officials Stress Preparedness As Jose Departs And Maria Bears Down On Caribbean
- Fast Starts Key To Girls' Soccer Team Success
- Fundraiser For Hurricane Pet Relief Thursday At ETH
- Family Dinner Night Canceled
- Rockettes, Ice Cream To Celebrate The Ana Grace Project
- P&Z Reviews Borough ‘Landmark’ Zoning Regulations Proposal
Newtown High School’s boys’ swimming and diving team posted a 92-88 win over visiting Brookfield on February 14.
Tommy Horan set the NHS pool record in the 50 yard freestyle event, clocking in with a time of 22.25.
The Nighthawks locked up the team win in the third to last event before exhibitioning the rest of the way.
In addition to Horan’s first-place finish in the 50 free, the Nighthawks had eight individual event triumphs.
The 200 medley relay team of Peter Fagerholm, Colby Delia, Michael Annesley, and Horan was first in 1:46.57.
Rick Irving won the 200 free event, making his final touch in 1:55.94. Dawson Stout won the 200 medley relay event with a time of 2:07.21.
Kyle Gaynor and Ian Humber were one-two in the diving competition with scores of 267.88 and 226.80.
Mason Suba captured first in the 100 butterfly event in 54.69. Horan won the 100 free in 50.13. Fagerholm was tops in the 500, making his final touch in 5:06.26..
The 200 relay of Suba, Annesley, David Lawrence, and Stout was first in 1:36.72.