- Trumbull Man Discovers Family Link To Newtown Founders
- Eileen Malsch Celebrates 100 Years
- Residents Preparing This Year’s Crop Of Entries For Connecticut Flower & Garden Show
- Longtime Residents Of Newtown: The Watts Family
- NYFS Is New Local Hub For My Place CT, Empower Together Resources
- The Way We Were, for the week ending February 16, 2018
- Muscular Dystrophy Association’s Shamrock Season At Wheels
As it does every year, Halloween drew thousands of trick-or-treaters to Newtown’s Main Street and adjoining streets on Tuesday, October 31. Beginning in late afternoon, goblins, fairies, storybook characters, super heroes, and more began ringing doorbells and shouting out (or whispering, in some cases), “Trick or treat!”
Main Street residents responded generously, graciously answering doors with treats in hand.
Though not a town sanctioned event, it was clear from happy faces of children and homeowners that October 31 brings the community – and surrounding communities – together for fun.
For more photographs of Halloween on Main Street, see the November 3 print edition of The Newtown Bee.