- Bald Eagle Observation Post At Shepaug Dam Opening Saturday
- Saturday Danbury Music Centre 'Nutcracker' Performances Canceled; Sunday Performance Added
- NewArts ‘Christmas Carol’ Wrapping This Weekend
- Ashurst Dancers Capture Regional Titles At Oireachtas; Top Ten Spots Also Earned
- Connecticut Choral Society To Open Holiday Series With Newtown Performance
- Christmas Sale Underway At Abbey Of Regina Laudis
- Newtown Well Represented In Golden Anniversary Presentation Of DMC ‘Nutcracker’
Sandy Hook Organization for Prosperity (SHOP) will host a new event this month: a Strolling Progressive Dinner.
Scheduled for Tuesday, December 12, three local restaurants will host ticket-holders for a progressive dinner. Guests will park in the lot at 5 Glen Road, and be encouraged to walk to the locations, less than one-third of a mile from that lot and the final destination.
Details are still being ironed out, including entertainment, but organizers have told The Newtown Bee that the inaugural SHOP Strolling Progressive Dinner will begin with passed appetizers and a signature Sandy Hook Village Cocktail at Foundry Kitchen & Tavern, 1 Glen Road.
Leg 2 will be a two-course dinner at Nouveau Monde Wine Bar + Bistro, 6 Washington Avenue. Diners will have the option of a cup of Clam Chowder with applewood smoked bacon, a Harvest Salad, or Caesar Salad for their first course. The second course options are Apple Cider Brined Boneless Pork Chop with sides of glazed carrots and herbed red potatoes, 10-Ounce Angus NY Strip with Brussels sprouts and fingerling potatoes, or Vegetarian Lasagna with spinach, rainbow chard and eggplant, and housemade marinara. Both courses will be paired with wines.
The third and final Leg of the event will be at Figs, at 105 Church Hill Road, for dessert, coffee and cappuccino. This stop, according to organizers, will be less formal than the first two, and will provide a chance for guests to mix and mingle at the end of the evening.
Tickets are $80 for the full night, including tax and tip, and only 30 will be available. They can be purchased at SHOP’s office within Betts Square, 107 Church Hill Road (Monday through Friday, 10 am-4 pm), or online at SandyHookVillage.com