As one attendee to the Newtown Friends Of Music Farewell Concert explained, the rare coming together of two of the world’s great string quartets was the rock and roll equivalent of The Beatles and The Stones playing together....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing)
- November 24-30, 2017: "The Lego Ninjago Movie"
- November 17-23, 2017: "American Made"
- November 10-16, 2017: 'Battle Of The Sexes,' 'Planes, Trains and Automobiles' and Destination Newtown
- November 3-9, 2017: "Annabelle: Creation," "Nut Job 2" and "Home Again"
- October 27-November 2, 2017: Rooster Film Festival, Ray Scalzo Drum Concert, "Goosebumps," "Annabelle: Creation," "Vertigo" and "High Anxiety"
- October 20-26, 2017: "Spider-Man: Homecoming," Great Pumpkin Races, Mustang Raffle, Baha'i Faith Light of Unit Festival and Newtown Bee Candidates Forum
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8-THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
PG-13 * running time 2:20
Screenings Friday, Sunday through Thursday, 7 pm; Saturday*, 7:15 pm;
matinees Saturday, 1 & 4:10 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
Starring Andy Serkis, Woody Harrelson & Steve Zahn
Caesar (Serkis) and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless colonel (Harrelson). After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind, which in turn will determine the future of the planet in this poignant and powerful conclusion to the rebooted blockbuster trilogy.
*Free admission to the 7:15 pm show, sponsored by Ingersoll Auto of Danbury
* * * * *
JONI MITCHELL JAZZ TRIBUTE
Friday, September 8 (Alexandria Room): 8 pm (doors open at 7), $12, performance by seven-member local band will celebrate ongoing popularity and influence of singer, songwriter, guitarist and producer Mitchell, seating limited, reservations suggested, partial proceeds to benefit ETH Restoration Fund, rescheduled from June 16, original tickets will be honored; 203-426-2475, jonijazz.brownpapertickets.com.
* * * * *
Sunday, September 10 (ETH Theatre): 3 pm, $25, free for K-12 students with ticket-holding adult, also free for students with ID, performance celebrated trio will include works of Haydn, Smetana and Mendelssohn, informal reception with musicians to follow, hosted by Newtown Friends of Music; 203-426-6470, newtownfriendsofmusic.org.
Read more here: Friends Of Music Season Opening With Claremont Trio