Newtown news of 25, 50, 75 and 100 years ago, from the files of The Newtown Bee....Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing including movie listings and special events)
- April 20-26, 2018: Laser Light Shows and "The Greatest Showman"
- April 13-19, 2018: "Peter Rabbit," "Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle," Newtown Spring Welcome Craft Fair and Spring Fling Sing-Along
- April 6-12, 2018: "The Shape of Water" and Brainstorm Experience: Dan Harris
- March 30-April 5, 2018: "Jumanji" and Someday Cinema Series: "Field of Dreams"
- March 23-29, 2018: "Darkest Hour," Simply Smiles Fundraiser and Brainstorm Experience: Scott Keneally
- March 16-22, 2018: "All The Money In The World"
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8-THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
PG-13 * running time 2:20
Screenings Friday, Sunday through Thursday, 7 pm; Saturday*, 7:15 pm;
matinees Saturday, 1 & 4:10 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
Starring Andy Serkis, Woody Harrelson & Steve Zahn
Caesar (Serkis) and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless colonel (Harrelson). After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind, which in turn will determine the future of the planet in this poignant and powerful conclusion to the rebooted blockbuster trilogy.
*Free admission to the 7:15 pm show, sponsored by Ingersoll Auto of Danbury
* * * * *
JONI MITCHELL JAZZ TRIBUTE
Friday, September 8 (Alexandria Room): 8 pm (doors open at 7), $12, performance by seven-member local band will celebrate ongoing popularity and influence of singer, songwriter, guitarist and producer Mitchell, seating limited, reservations suggested, partial proceeds to benefit ETH Restoration Fund, rescheduled from June 16, original tickets will be honored; 203-426-2475, jonijazz.brownpapertickets.com.
* * * * *
Sunday, September 10 (ETH Theatre): 3 pm, $25, free for K-12 students with ticket-holding adult, also free for students with ID, performance celebrated trio will include works of Haydn, Smetana and Mendelssohn, informal reception with musicians to follow, hosted by Newtown Friends of Music; 203-426-6470, newtownfriendsofmusic.org.
Read more here: Friends Of Music Season Opening With Claremont Trio