The next offering in the ongoing series of free monthly movies at Edmond Town Hall will be offered Saturday, September 9. Ingersoll Auto of Danbury is sponsoring a screening of War for the Planet of the Apes at 7:15. ...Read Full Article
- What's At Edmond Town Hall (full listing)
- September 15-21, 2017: "Wonder Woman" and Hurricane Harvey Movie Event Fundraiser
- September 8-14, 2017: "War For The Planet of The Apes," Joni Mitchell Jazz Tribute and Claremont Trio
- August 25-31, 2017: 'Despicable Me 3'
- August 18-24, 2017: 'Cars'
- August 12-17, 2017: Trip The Light Fantastic, 'Kedi,' 'The Shack,' American Ninja Warrior screening and 'Walk Across Connecticut' Town Hall Meeting
- August 5-11, 2017: "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8-THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
PG-13 * running time 2:20
Screenings Friday, Sunday through Thursday, 7 pm; Saturday*, 7:15 pm;
matinees Saturday, 1 & 4:10 pm; Tuesday, 1 pm
Starring Andy Serkis, Woody Harrelson & Steve Zahn
Caesar (Serkis) and his apes are forced into a deadly conflict with an army of humans led by a ruthless colonel (Harrelson). After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind, which in turn will determine the future of the planet in this poignant and powerful conclusion to the rebooted blockbuster trilogy.
*Free admission to the 7:15 pm show, sponsored by Ingersoll Auto of Danbury
* * * * *
JONI MITCHELL JAZZ TRIBUTE
Friday, September 8 (Alexandria Room): 8 pm (doors open at 7), $12, performance by seven-member local band will celebrate ongoing popularity and influence of singer, songwriter, guitarist and producer Mitchell, seating limited, reservations suggested, partial proceeds to benefit ETH Restoration Fund, rescheduled from June 16, original tickets will be honored; 203-426-2475, jonijazz.brownpapertickets.com.
* * * * *
Sunday, September 10 (ETH Theatre): 3 pm, $25, free for K-12 students with ticket-holding adult, also free for students with ID, performance celebrated trio will include works of Haydn, Smetana and Mendelssohn, informal reception with musicians to follow, hosted by Newtown Friends of Music; 203-426-6470, newtownfriendsofmusic.org.
Read more here: Friends Of Music Season Opening With Claremont Trio