The Resiliency Center of Newtown announces a six session parent group that will focus on the social and emotional needs of tweens and teens. The group will be facilitated by Suzanne Arnone, licensed professional counselor and certified school counselor. ...Read Full Article
- Committee Plants A Tree As ‘Give Back’ Before Earth Day
- CCS Concerts To Honor Veterans, Armistice Anniversary
- Still Life In Oil, At Next SCAN Program
- Applications Now Being Accepted For Ben’s Lighthouse Youth Service Trip
- Newtown Public Schools Announce Spring Concerts And Events
- Concert Preview: Seasoned Songwriters Bonoff & Taylor Teaming For Playhouse Gig
- Seminar To Explore Livable Communities
Registration for this summer’s Camp Creativity, a Resiliency Center of Newtown (RCN) program, will open at noon on Thursday, April 12.
Camp will run Monday through Friday, June 25-29, from 9 am until 3 pm each day. Camp is for children entering grades 4-8 in the fall.
The session will return to Cullens Youth Association, with time outdoors running, playing, and hiking. Children will incorporate daily virtues into each day’s activities. Through all programs and activities, they will learn resilience, team-building, and how to develop self-confidence.
Each camper must be a Newtown resident, and space is limited to 55 children.
This year there will be a $100 nonrefundable fee per camper, due no later than April 25, to secure the camper’s spot. Payment must be in the form of cash or check.
For additional information contact RCN at 203-364-9750.