- Pair Arrested In Pizzeria Burglary Incident
- Increased Wastewater Pumping Capacity Needed At Sewage Pump Station In Sandy Hook Center
- Selectmen Discuss Curbing, Gallery Liquor Sales At Latest Meeting
- Fundraiser Supports Couple After House Fire On Great Quarter Road
- Rabbi Shaul Praver Entering 5th District Race
- Layers Of Conflict, Lawsuit Result In Suspension Of LOF Discussion
- LOF Adaptive Skiers Still Seeking Events Location
Town police, who have participated in the local leg of the annual Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run for many years, have announced they are seeking sponsors for this year’s event which is scheduled for Friday, June 9.
The torch run is intended to publicize the Special Olympics program.
One way that police raise money for Special Olympics is by having local businesses sponsor a segment of the torch run through the Adopt-A-Mile program. Police said that local businesses interested in participating in the fundraiser may contact Sergeant Matthew Wood, Officer William Chapman, or Officer Stephanie Vegerano at the police station at 203-426-5841.
Detailed information on the Special Olympics torch run is available at soct.org.